I think Sunday might be my favorite day of the week. Church in the morning with my family? Check. Delicious lunch? Check. A nap? Check. A few hours at Starbucks working on blog posts? Check. My Sunday night relaxation routine? Check.
Spending an hour or two on Sunday night relaxing is the perfect way to start your week on the right note. Of course, this full routine isn’t possible every week – I wish! But it’s nice to do the full routine when you can and then choose bits and pieces when you’re in a time crunch. Each of these are steps I actually do (no $100 masks or fancy pedicures over here) and I think you’ll love them.
- Take off your makeup. This is less about relaxing and more just something you should do every day… but I’m sure you’ve heard that before! Once I take off my makeup I also wash my face with a gentle cleanser then I move onto the next step.
- Treat yo self to a face mask. I love face masks, and I think I could do one every Sunday. I love picking up the little packs at Target, and I also have a few bottles of my favorites. After taking off my face mask, my skin always feels healthier… even if the face mask actually didn’t do much. I personally use face masks more for the relaxation aspects, but there are plenty of face masks that target specific problems!
- Take a hot bubble bath. There are two kinds of people in the world: people who like baths and people who hate baths. I am 100% the first person. To me, there’s nothing more relaxing than a nice hot bath. Bonus: the steam from a bath helps the face mask sink in!
- Turn on your favorite music. I love turning on my favorite, relaxing songs and then really winding down. My go-to chill artists are Ed Sheeran, Julien Baker, Ingrid Michaelson, and Sea Wolf.
- Paint your nails. I love having freshly painted nails, and a Sunday night is the perfect time to paint them! I turn on Netflix or YouTube, paint my nails, and use my hands as little as possible… meaning less smudges.
- Catch up on your favorites. Sunday night is the perfect time to watch that show you’ve been meaning to, read a few of your favorite blog posts you’ve missed throughout the week, or flip through some magazines. Make sure you wait until your nails are dry, then enjoy spending time with your favorites.
- Prepare for the coming week. Once my nails are dry, I like to look ahead at the week then write a to-do list. This is my favorite time to do this because I’m not in a hurry, and I’m able to clearly see what I need to accomplish. By doing this, I also remember any (last-minute) tasks I still haven’t finished. This has definitely been helpful during the school year!
- Get some sleep. This is the most relaxing night’s sleep I get all week, so I make sure to go to sleep early. I’m already in a peaceful mood because of the music and I’m ready to start Monday off right. And honestly, anything that makes Monday feel better is a good thing to me.
What’s on your Sunday night relaxation routine? Let me know!
My Favorite Face Masks